This is a series I’m going to start on items that I need/love/use when going on trips to the parks. This one is about a new gadget (if I can call it that) which I recently discovered was super valuable for long days at the parks – the Brita filter bottle. Read on for more…..
So, as many of you may or may not know…..here are a few things we KNOW about Disney World in Florida:
- It’s hot there pretty much year round. Even in spring, you sweat your pretty little princess butt off.
- Because of the heat, you need to stay hydrated.
- Drinks are expensive. You can bring a camelbak or other bottled water into the park if you wish, but those can get heavy.
- All quickservice will serve you free ice water *very important* BUT, and this is a big but, Florida tap water isn’t the greatest.
- There are water fountains everywhere there are bathrooms in the World.
With that said, it’s a great lead-in to my Brita solution. These bottles are hard-sided and have a filter built into the straw. They are wonderful! Just throw them in your park bag, empty, and tote them around. When you get thirsty, fill them up at a water fountain. The filter will take care of that taste problem and you’re in business!
We will be bringing these on all future trips. We actually bought a 24 pack of bottled water for this last trip and didn’t use a single bottle. That is huge!!! That makes this bottle a big money saver in the long run. I also use this water bottle for daily use at work, on the weekends, etc…. It’s just a great bottle overall. I highly recommend them!
For your reference, I’ve included the manufacturer’s site link below: